The P2P Lab is an independent media lab interested in interdisciplinary research on free/open source technologies and practices. Its mission is to:
- Strive for integrative insights on the open technologies and the peer-to-peer practices.
- Provide consultancy support to organisations and institutions regarding open technologies and relevant socio-economic trends.
- Produce innovative, global techno-economic solutions to local problems.
- Write, edit and publish articles, reports and books in the diverse range of topics we investigate.
- Organise open events for reflection and action as well as to educate people about critical and creative tools for society-changing.
The P2P Lab is constantly on the look-out for co-operation on interesting projects.
Facilities & equipment
In the lab you may find two open source 3D printers along with various filaments; open source micro-controllers; a library with interdisciplinary literature; sensors, etc.
- You may click here for images of the P2P Lab
P2P Lab’s founding members are:
- Vasilis Kostakis. Founder.
- Vasilis Niaros. Research Fellow & Communication Manager.
- Chris Giotitsas. Research Fellow.
- Alex Pazaitis. Research Fellow.
P2P Lab's community of members, fellows and collaborators spans over a diverge field of international academics, researchers, activists and artists dependent on each project.
P2P Lab will gladly collaborate with communities or individuals who want to build a P2P Lab in their city inspired by the idea of solidarity franchising.
- See P2P Lab's list of publications.